Let’s be honest! How often do you think about your air conditioner, furnace, or other piece of HVAC equipment? Mostly never… until it breaks! In the worst-case scenario you would have to purchase a new system, so to avoid this be sure to schedule routine maintenance for your existing equipment with General Air in Greenville, SC!
So, what is an HVAC system? This system is more than the metal box in the basement that you control with your thermostat. HVAC is an abbreviation for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning which maintains the temperature, regulates humidity, and cleans the air in your home. Below you can take a look at a sum up of the main components of your HVAC system:
- The Outdoor Unit: This piece is usually located to the rear or side of your house, and it is where the heat removed from inside your home is dispersed. It contains a compressor, condenser coil, and a fan.
- The Indoor Unit: This element is usually located in a closet or basement, responsible for absorbing the heat to cool your home. It consists of a furnace, evaporator coil, air blower, and an air handling unit.
- Refrigeration Lines: Between your indoor and outdoor units these pieces circulate your refrigerant fluid that removes the hot air in your home.
- Ductwork: Running throughout your entire home consisting of both supply and return air ducts, they connect to the vents in your rooms making it possible for the air to circulate throughout your home.
- Thermostat: The most known element of the system which allows you to set your desired temperature for your home. It communicates your entire HVAC system with all its parts.
Interested in Acquiring an HVAC in Greenville SC?
…but you cannot decide which type will fit you… or which one you can afford, let’s take a look at the available options:
There are three main types of HVAC systems that you can install in your home, and each differs in parts, sizes, and most importantly cost.
- Split Systems: These are usually the most common type of HVAC system. They are designed with two main units: one for heating and the other for cooling. This system is usually located outside and consists of a fan, refrigerant, compressors, and coils to remove hot air from your house. The heating system is usually located in the basement and uses gas or electricity and ductwork to produce and circulate heat in your house. Depending on the unit the prices can range between $600 up to $5,400
- Mini-Split (Ductless) Systems: This type of system requires individual units in each room. They visibly mounted on indoor walls and attached to an outdoor compressor. This type of ductless system does not require ductwork to operate which can help you save money on installation costs. The prices can vary from low cost between $3,000 – $5,000
- Packaged Systems: Maybe one of the most unusual types of an HVAC system. It is designed with all its major parts packaged together to fit in one cabinet. They are usually installed outdoors and use a blower to circulate air in and out of the home and can run on either a heat pump or gas and electricity. Take into account that they often require more frequent maintenance due to all the major components being exposed to the outdoors. Depending on the brand and the SEER, they can cost from $3,900 up to $7,700
What Can Our HVAC Repair Specialists in Greenville SC Do for You?
Our HVAC repair technicians are properly qualified to take care of the installation, maintenance, or any repair of your HVAC as they have gone through rigorous training!
Are you curious about our services?
- Installation— our professionals will install your new HVAC systems under the best quality controls to avoid any future issues or needless repairs. As well they will help you choose which system fits you best. Book an appointment with us!
- Maintenance— it is redundant over time, but regular maintenance of your HVAC system is the only way to prevent future repairs and maintain the efficiency of your system. Making an appointment with us for a regular check-up will guarantee you the best performance of your HVAC system.
- Repairs— we will take care if something appears to be not working right with your system. Our staff will know why a component is not working, always in the disposition of offering you the best cost-effective service.