Spring is around the corner. Most people have a habit of refreshing their homes during this season and often engage in spring cleaning. Cleaning your HVAC system during this time is also a good idea because you will soon be needing your air-conditioner in the coming months. In simple words, Spring is not only a time to declutter the home but also to make sure that your AC system is in working order.
Here is a checklist on what you should do to ensure that your HVAC system will not let you down in the upcoming months:
- Replace your filter. It is important to replace the filter at the start of spring. Since your furnace has not been operating throughout winter, it may have accumulated debris, dust, pet dander, hair, and other fibers. If you do not change the furnace filter, this may decrease the efficiency of the AC as the machine has to work harder to push the clean air out. In general, you should change the filter every 2 months and more frequently if you have asthma or allergies.
- Get your ducts checked: During the winter, the vent and ducts work overtime and a lot of junk accumulates inside the ducts. When the ducts are blocked, this makes it difficult for air to flow efficiently; it also makes the AC work a lot harder. Therefore, as part of your HVAC Spring Cleanup, you should check the ducts and vents in your home and determine if the airflow is decent. The one difficulty with ducts is that it is impossible to see what is inside. The best way to get the ducts cleaned is by using the services of an HVAC professionals in Greenville to check out the airflow, air quality and use the high powered suction to remove all the debris if needed.
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detector battery: A very common reason why some people die in the home is that they forgot to replace the batteries in the smoke detector. Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas that can cause toxicity within minutes which could lead to death. Make it an annual ritual to replace the batteries in the carbon monoxide and smoke detector alarms. These batteries cost less than $20 and can save your life.
- Maintenance check: Homeowners who want their AC to last for a long time should know the importance of a maintenance exam. Each spring you should get a maintenance check of the HVAC system to ensure that it is in working order. Also included in this maintenance check is a replacement of the furnace filter and checking the condenser.
- The exterior: If you want your AC to function effectively, you should make sure the surrounding area is clean. Remove weeds, plants and other debris. Keep in mind that you should have at least 2 feet of clear space around the machine. Plants and leaves can get entrapped in the fan and reduce its efficiency and increase your hydro bills. If you see any stones or other debris inside the AC, you should remove them.
General Air Conditioning Services Corporation- Your Reliable HVAC Professionals in Greenville, SC
There is no magic trick to maintaining the function and durability of your AC. The key is to be proactive and have the machine regularly maintained by HVAC professionals in Greenville. At General Air, you will receive full-services related to HVAC installation, repair. We have a team of highly qualified individuals who can help you if you intend to replace or repair your system this spring. Call our Greenville location today to speak to one of our associates and schedule an appointment. You can either do it by phone at 864-633-5664, or if you prefer, you can also schedule an appointment online by visiting our website at https://www.generalac.com/contact/. It is our commitment to provide you with the highest quality equipment and service because our ultimate goal is maximum customer satisfaction. While spring cleaning is something most people can do themselves, if you find anything wrong with your system, it is best to contact HVAC professionals in Greenville for repairs. The best part about this cleaning is that you will be able to identify any expected problems with your HVAC system.
You can get the whole family involved, and while they clean up the patio or the lawn, you can identify if your HVAC system is functioning properly. If not, call our HVAC professionals in Greenville today.