The quality of the indoor air at your home has a direct bearing on your overall health and well-being, which is why an air purifier is such an important purchase. If the indoor air has pollutants and contaminants, it can cause allergic reactions, breathing problems, and a wide range of other health issues. In such a case, it is best to consult a Greenville HVAC expert at the earliest and seek a suitable solution.
One of the best ways of ensuring a decent quality for indoor air is through the use of air purifiers. Portable air purifiers offer a wide range of benefits. Here is a look at these benefits and a quick guide on how to choose the right model.
Benefits of an Air Purifier
An air purifier offers a number of benefits. These include:
- Relief for asthma. Dust and other airborne particles can trigger asthma episodes. If someone at your home has asthma, an air purifier can be immensely helpful in relieving the symptoms.
- Reduced risk of allergies. Airborne impurities such as animal dander can trigger allergic reactions such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin irritation. Such reactions are particularly experienced by people with sensitive skin. You can reduce the risk of such allergies by using a quality air purifier.
- Reduced risk of contagious diseases. Many contagious diseases have viruses and bacteria which become airborne and then spread from one person to another. The COVID-19 virus also spreads through an airborne mechanism. A quality air purifier with HEPA filters can effectively trap such pathogens and significantly reduce the risks of contagion.
- Removal of harmful gases. Gases like carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide, are very harmful yet incredibly hard to detect. Air purifiers, particularly those with carbon-activated filters, can effectively remove these gases.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Purifier in Greenville
In order to ensure that you choose an air purifier that is right for you, here are some factors you must consider when making the decision.
- Size: The size of the air purifier is one of the key considerations when making the purchase. To get the size right, you must know the size of the area for which you will be using the air purifier. Smaller rooms will need a smaller purifier. For larger rooms and halls, you will need to get larger purifier units.
- CADR Ratings: This factor is directly related to the size of an air purifier. CADR stands for clean air delivery rate. For most air purifiers, this rate is between 60 and 390. A lower CADR rate means a low volume of air purification in one minute. Higher ratings indicate a faster rate of air purification.
- Energy Consumption: This is related to the long-term costs of such a device. Lower energy consumption will translate into lower energy bills in the long run. You may want to look for ENERGY STAR-rated air purifiers. These are up to 25% more energy efficient than regular air purifier units.
- Level of Purification: Different instruments come with different types of air filters. Some are able to filter larger particles such as smoke. Others can filter out even minute dust and debris particles. The right type of air purifier depends on the degree of filtration that you need. If the indoor air in your home or room has few pollutants, you don’t need many air filters in your air purifier. On the other hand, if the air is laden with several impurities, go with a purifier that offers multiple levels of filtration. Look for HEPA air filters if you want optimal air purification.
- Noise Level: Many homeowners tend to overlook this important factor when purchasing an air purifier. Some purifiers can be very noisy and when operated for long hours, the noise can become very annoying. You may need to spend more money on a quieter purifier but the extra cost will be well worth it.
Hire a Reliable Greenville HVAC Expert Today
If you want to improve the quality of air at your home, we can help you. Here at General Air, we have been offering a comprehensive range of HVAC services to Greenville homeowners and businesses for many years. Our services include the installation, replacement, repair, maintenance, and service of any and all components related to HVAC.
When you are considering getting an air purifier, our experts can help you choose the right size and model. We also help ensure that the model you get is energy-efficiency. Call us today to consult our experts or get a free quote on our services.